We strongly believe that everyone has the right to enjoy our beautiful planet. Whether you want to go on a trip in your own region or abroad, our Travel Companion Service is there for you!
– Children with special needs
– People affected by cancer
– People with reduced mobility
– People living with a handicap (including visual handicaps and partial hearing loss)
– People who simply want a travel companion
– Bilingual services (English / French)
– Your security guaranteed at all times
– Assistance to take care of a loved one during the trip
– Travel with peace of mind
– Save time (we can organize the trip for you)
– Get some respite (parents)
– Service adapted to your reality
– Tailor-made experiences (accessible services and activities)
– Everyone can fully enjoy the trip!
– Variable according to the support (partial or full)
– Variable according to the destination (Quebec or abroad)
– Must cover the travel expenses of the companion
– See the price list below
1- Initial meeting to get to know each other, determine compatibility and establish the client’s profile
2- Travel quote, confirmation and security deposit
3- Organization of the trip
4- Let’s go on a trip!
Laurie has a Masters degree (M.Sc) in occupational therapy. She is passionate about helping others and this is why she travels the world to work with people, whether as a volunteer in a school for deaf, mute and blind children in Sri Lanka, in a specialized class in Zambia, or as an occupational therapist in a nonprofit organization (NPO) in Montreal. Her dedication was rewarded when she received the Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Youth in 2016, an honor that highlighted her academic and community commitment, her inspiring attitude and her positive influence in the community.
She has a gentle and empathetic personality as well as great adaptability skills, which make her a great companion who will listen to you and do her best to meet your needs. Laurie is motivated to optimize people’s well-being in their daily lives, which is why her mission is to make travel accessible to everyone. She will be happy to accompany you or a member of your family on a tailor-made trip for you, so that you can all enjoy the trip!
– Occupational therapist in a nonprofit organization (NPO): pediatrics, oncology, mental health, musculoskeletal disorders, chronic pain
– Companion for people with various disabilities (0-30 years old) for the NGO Solidarity of parents of people with disabilities
– Certified yoga teacher – 200h
– Certification of travel agency manager issued by the Office de la protection du consommateur
– Experiences in occupational therapy at the Montreal Youth Center – University Institute (0-18 years under the Direction of youth protection), at Giant Steps School (4-21 years old with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder) and in hospitals.
– Speaker and member of the Oncology Community of the Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec
– Volunteer in Zambia (occupational therapy in specialized classes and in the community)
– Volunteer in South Africa (surf therapy program for children coming from disadvantaged neighbourhoods)
– Volunteer in Sri Lanka (elders’ home and school for deaf, mute and blind children)
– Volunteer in Ghana (primary and highschool)
– Volunteer at a day center for adults dealing with mental health issues in Montreal
The travel companion service begins when the presence of the companion is requested by the client. In general, travel days are charged at the basic rate (without companion service), unless the companion is asked to stay alone with the client for a period of the day. When the travel companion service is not requested by the client, the companion is free to spend the day as she wishes, but she remains available at all times in case of an emergency or if you change your plans during the day.
Yulgo Travels is a travel agency offering small group tours for everyone: adventure tours, volunteer trips and yoga retreats. We also offer our Travel Companion services to accompany people with mental or physical disabilities on their trips.
QUEBEC TRAVEL AGENCY PERMIT #703508
145 BOYLAN, DORVAL, QUÉBEC, H9S 5J7